The Science of Well-Being
Science has shown that our wellbeing is like our fingerprints, we are all unique. Understanding emotions in ourselves and others is central to improving wellbeing.
Designed to help employees at all levels improve their mental, physical, social and environmental wellbeing, The Science of Wellbeing is built on the science of embodied behavior change and healthy habit formation.
This comprehensive program rolls out across your workforce in four powerful, interactive 2-hour sessions that result in proactive strategies to lower levels of stress and stress-related leave claims, reduce levels of absenteeism, and increase levels of productivity and employee engagement. Deep, sustained behavior change is leveraged by customized individual, group or team coaching support that support your desired outcomes.
- Four 2-hour virtual instructor-led learning sessions
- Professionally facilitated sessions that include breakout room activities, group discussion, polls and chat
- A digital workbook to support note-taking, capturing insights and development planning
- Focus on practice and development between sessions
- Included: Genos Emotionally Intelligent Leadership Assessments to turn feedback into actionable development steps. Available digitally or can be delivered via an optional one-on-one coaching debrief.
Session 1: The Science of Well-Being
This session provides the science behind emotional intelligence methods for well-being enhancement.
- Explore the science of emotions, how we can use our emotional self-awareness to better gauge our well-being, and whether the improvement strategies we adopt are working for us
- Analyze what an improvement in our own well-being might mean to us
- Assess and share what strategies we are currently using to maintain our well-being
- Determine how we can make new strategies stick, using action plans built around the science of behavior change.
Session 2: Well-Being in Body and Place
Improve well-being with Physical and Environmental strategies:
- Explore the science of forming new habits
- Determine ways in which we might adjust our sleep, diet or exercise to boost our physical well-being
- Discover ways we can improve our physical environment
- Plan a well-being day
Session 3: Perspective and Communication for Well-Being
Improve well-being with Thinking Strategies. Dive into three thinking strategies that are known to have a positive effect on thoughts, feelings, and behavior. These methods are:
- Creating boundaries
- Engaging in perspective taking and sense making
- Enhancing our emotional agility (our capacity to choose how we respond to triggers of unpleasant emotions)
Session 4: Empowerment through Communication
Improve well-being with Social Strategies:
- Explore methods to boost the quality of our day-to-day social interactions
- Identify a close personal relationship that we would like to improve, and the actions we can take to do this
- Discover a coaching model for helping others respond to their challenging situations effectively
Genos Emotionally Intelligent Assessments
I choose the Genos EI model because it is based on observable behaviors which translate into coachable, actionable development steps. Genos is a world-leading provider of emotional intelligence assessments and reports. Their assessments offer a science-based advantage for individuals and teams by measuring workplace behaviors against an award-winning model of emotional intelligence to boost performance and culture. Genos assessments are the only EI reports that offer dual benchmarking.
- Against global research, to see how participants or teams sit against worldwide EI standards.
- Against your unique organizational expectations, to see how participants or teams sit against EI competencies that colleagues believe are important.
Assessment results are used to equip participants with tools and techniques to build their EI skillset, and ultimately foster exceptional professional and personal outcomes. Implementation is customized to support desired outcomes and ROI:
- Choose between simple self-assessments or complex multi-level assessments
- Measure EI against both global benchmarks, and internal expectations.
- Reports available for individuals or an entire team.
- Access to interactive digital report and development tools.
- Easily embed into existing leadership programs.
- Seamlessly integrate into LMS or other employee management software via API.
Interactive Digital Reports Inspire Learning and Growth
Deliver individual results through Genos Digital for a powerful learning experience. This platform debriefs results and transforms assessment feedback into actionable behaviors. Genos Digital uses interactive content including videos, smart processes, AI, and practical development steps. With this information fast-tracked, those who need a coach can use the de-brief session to focus on bringing their action plan to life.
Group Reports to Develop EI in an Entire Team
Gain insight into the EI of an entire team via group reports which aggregate results of any assessment group, supporting a data driven approach to providing learning and development to groups.
Support EI Development with a Corporate Program
Following the assessment of individuals or an entire team, drive further results with a corporate program that spans leadership, sales and wellbeing. All EI instruments are tailored to specific needs.
Assessment Options Fit Your Needs
Self-Assessment: Measures how well an individual believes they demonstrate emotionally intelligent workplace behaviors, and how important they believe it is to do so.
180 Assessment: Self-assessment, plus feedback from one rater group.
360 Assessment: Self-assessment, plus feedback from multiple rater groups such as managers or peers.
Workplace Assessments: Designed for individuals or teams in any role.
Leadership Assessments: Designed for emerging to established leaders.